Hulugan Falls in Luisiana, Laguna
HOW TO GET TO HULUGAN FALLS
By Commute from Manila
1. Ride a bus going to Sta. Cruz from Buendia or Cubao Stations. You might also find some buses en route Sta. Crus in Edsa. Fare is P140.
2. Alight the bus in front of Sunstar Mall. From across the street beside Sunstar mall is a jeepney terminal.
3. Ride one going to Lucena which departs every 30 minutes. Fare is P30.
4. Ask the driver to drop you off in Brgy. San Salvador.
By Private Car –
1. Drive south in SLEX taking Calamba exit. From the toll gate turn left passing through the bridge then follow the National Hwy going to Sta Cruz, then to Pagsanjan and Cavinti.
2. Upon reaching Brgy. San Salvador, turn right at the street with a signage of Hulugan Falls.
Guide Fee: 500PHP (5-7pax)
THINGS TO BRING
Waterproof Bag / Dry bag [Buy One]
Waterproof camera [Buy GoPro | Buy SJCam]
Extra clothes [you really need this]
SUMMARY OF EXPENSES
RT Fare Sta. Cruz – P280
RT Fare Sta. Cruz – Brgy. San Salvador – P70
RT Fare Jump-off to Captain’s house – P30
Registration Fee – P20
Guide Fee (Up to you) – P500 (Hulugan-Talay-Hidden-Aliw Falls) or P300 (Hulugan Falls)
Bath – P20
TOTAL – P460/Pax for a group of 2
***Bring friends along to at least have the 5 of you share the guide fee cost.
a. Guides are available at the registration point. While others may recommend a specific guide, please understand that there are 130 of them and it would be in everybody’s best interest if we would give them equal chance.
b. The latest that local officials will allow tourists to the see Hulugan Falls is no later than 3PM unless you are to stay overnight.
c. There is a campsite situated by the river above Hulugan Falls. Camping fee is P50 per person.
d. If you still haven’t had enough chasing waterfalls, you can visit Talay and Aliw Falls. Please note that Aliw e. Falls is situated within a different Barangay than Hulugan and Talay Falls which may require you to get a new guide or pay another fee.
f. Locals sell special bibingka which is perfect as a snack after the long trek while marveling at the beauty of the waterfalls.
g. The parking area for those bringing their car is beside the Brgy. Captain’s house. Not sure though whether there is a parking fee.
To those going home to Cavite, you can get off the terminal of passenger vans routing to Calamba/Sta. Rosa. Drop off is at Sta. Rosa public market. The terminal for vans routing Cavite is a few walk away from the drop off point. There you can ride another passenger van going home.
Isdaan Floating Restaurant is a perfect side trip after a long day chasing waterfalls.
SAMPLE ITINERARY for Hulugan Falls
0530: Assembly Buendia/Cubao Station
0600: ETD Sta Cruz
0800: Sta Cruz
0900: San Salvador Registration site
1000: Hulugan Falls
1400: Pack and Leave
1500: Wash up
1600: Head Home
READ: 10 Quick Getaways Near Metro Manila You Shouldn’t Miss